Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization is all about getting your site listed on the search results. Optimizing your website and getting links are the two key methods everyone is using. Social Media however, and Internet Videos are now more important. I will be including a pdf for download shortly but for now here is my top 10 List of SEO importance:
- Facebook — Shares, likes etc
- Backlinks — Offsite links depend on authority of site giving link
- Google+ — Google+ is much like Facebook but will be growing in importance
- Pinterest — The most over looked social media site with SEO
- Twitter — Tweets and followers do matter
- Content — New to Google “big words matter” or use language wisely: innumerate syllables, welcome back jargon speak!
- Videos — Have their own search bot…oops I should say, increasingly algorithmically relevant
- Site Blog — Every site should have their own blog
- H1 and H2 tags — Header tags have lost most of their importance because of keyword stuffing. Use only one h1 tag per page
- Internal Links — Your link structure inside of your own site does matter, more links seems to be better.